Village of BlackEarth
> BC Laws
> BC Trustees
> Education
> Info
> LG Home
> Library
> Medical Facilities
> Meeting Agendas and Minutes
> Property Taxes FAQ
> Public Works Snow
> Alcohol
> Animal
> Assessing
> Building
> General

Our friends:
Village of Black Earth

Alcohol and Licensing

Frequently Asked Questions about Alcohol Licensing, including information regarding Operator's Licenses.



Where do I get an Operator's License and what do I need to bring with me?

You may apply for an Operator's License in the Clerk's Office at the Municipal Building. The cost is $15.00.  Applicants must bring one of three things:

  • Proof that he or she is renewing an existing operator's license held in Black Earth,
  • Certificate showing completion of the beverage server training course within the last two years,
  • Copy of a retail license, manager's license, or operator's license that the applicant has held anywhere in the state within the last two years.



By what date do I need to apply for an Operator's License?

You need to allow at least thirty days for processing an application.  If you are renewing your license, you must have your application in the Village Clerk's office at least forty five days before your current license expires (June 30th).



How long is an Operator's License good for?

Operator's Licenses are valid for one year.  All licenses expire on June 30 and need to be renewed before that date.



How do I obtain a Temporary Operator's license?

You may apply for an Temporary Operator's License in the Clerk's Department at Village Hall.  The cost is $10.00.



How long is a Temporary Operator's License good for?

A Temporary Operator's license is good for one to fourteen consecutive days.  An individual may only apply for one Temporary Operator's License per year.  (This license may be issued only to operators employed by, or donating their services to, nonprofit corporations which have been granted a Temporary Class "B" or Temporary "Class B" license.)

Contact: |   JoeMcCoe 2013