Village of BlackEarth
> BC Laws
> BC Trustees
> Education
> Info
> LG Home
> Library
> Medical Facilities
> Meeting Agendas and Minutes
> Property Taxes FAQ
> Public Works Snow
> Alcohol
> Animal
> Assessing
> Building
> General

Our friends:
Village of Black Earth

Animal Licensing

Frequently Asked Questions about animal licensing, including fees, rabies requirements, and dog park information.



Where do I license my dog and what do I need to bring with me?

You may apply for a Dog License in the Village Clerk's Office at the Municipal Building.   Since we do not keep paper copies of rabies information on file, please bring (or mail) the document (or a copy) that you received from your veterinarian showing all rabies information. According to State Statute 95.21, we must see this information every year.  You may also mail the application, rabies information and a self addressed stamped envelope to the Village Clerk at PO Box 347, 1210 Mills St., Black Earth, WI  53515.  We will then mail the license, tag, and your rabies information back to you.  The charge for a dog that is spayed or neutered is $6.00.  The charge for a dog that is not spayed or neutered is $14.00.

Dog License Application (coming soon)



Do I have to have my dog licensed by a certain date?

Yes.  Dogs not registered prior to May 1 will be assessed a $10.00 late fee.



What do I do if I have lost my pet?

You may contact the Black Earth Police Department at (608) 767-3700 to determine if your animal has been picked up by a member of the Police Department or dropped off by a member of the community. 


Contact: |   JoeMcCoe 2013